Saturday, December 31, 2016

Happy New Year 2017!

Happy New Year!!!

I wish everyone lasting love, peace and contentment for this new year. Let us spend this year focused on the purpose of our life in the marriage (union) of the soul-bride with God. Let us overcome the 5 thieves (kaam, krodh, lob, moh, hankaar) by using the 5 weapons (compassion, truth, inner contentment, humility and love) to win this game of life. If we do simran and focus on our voice, we will start to hear the Divine Word (Naam). If we listen to Naam we will get Jot of the Mind, and with God's grace we will unite with Him. May we turn to Guru Ji for guidance on this path to God and answers to our questions. 

Here’s a shabad about the union of the soul-bride with God. 
 “I am not stained by only one sin, that could be washed clean by virtue. 
My Husband Lord is awake, while I sleep through the entire night of my life. 
In this way, how can I become dear to my Husband Lord?
My Husband Lord remains awake, while I sleep through the entire night of my life. 
With hope and desire, I approach his Bed,
But I do not know whether He will be pleased with me or not.
How do I know what will happen to me, O my mother?
Without the Blessed Vision of the Lord’s Darshan I cannot survive.
I have not tasted His Love, and my thirst is not quenched.
My beautiful youth has run away, and now I, the soul-bride, repent and regret. 
Even now, I am held by hope and desire.
I am depressed; I have no hope at all.
She overcomes her egotism, and adorns herself; 
The Husband Lord now ravishes and enjoys the soul-bride on His Bed.
Then, O Nanak, the bride becomes pleasing to the Mind of her Husband Lord;
She sheds her self-conceit, and is absorbed in her Lord and Master.” (p. 356-357 Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji)

Don't forget the program starts at 5 pm at the Gurdwara tonight. 

P.S. There is a live program happening from the UK (starting 2:30 pm Prince George time today) if you Facebook "Sikh Channel" and scroll down :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment